Researches - Personel
The Unit of Environmental Science and Technology employs more than 30 senior researchers, including Professors, Associate Professors, Lecturers, researchers and PhD candidates.
Head of the Unit of Environmental Science and Technology
Professor Maria Loizidou (email: firstname.lastname@example.org - CV) is Head of the Unit of Environmental Science and Technology. Professor Loizidou has a 30-year technical and scientific experience on environmental issues. She has been teaching various Environmental Topics at undergraduate and postgraduate level, including Systems for the Environmental Protection and Environmental Management for the last twenty years. She has been the leader and scientific responsible for over 100 National, European and International Projects related to environmental issues. She had the supervision of over hundred undergraduate diploma theses in the field of environment and she had the supervision of 25 Ph.D. students. She has over 250 publications in Scientific Journals and International Conferences.
Researchers of UEST
- Professor Katherine - Joanne Haralambous (email: email@example.com) has a 20-year experience in environmental issues and is an expert in the development of methods and systems for the treatment of industrial wastewater and in the development of guidelines for clean technologies and Best Available Techniques. Her research activities involve environmental pollution issues emphasizing in the chemical processes of metals in solid and aquatic environment. She has more than 60 publications in Scientific Journals and International conferences and she has also participated in 30 national and international research projects.
- Professor Christopher J. Koroneos (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) is teaching the Renewable Energy Sources course at the Interdisciplinary Graduate Program “’Environment and Development” of the National Technical University of Athens. He is Research Associate at Columbia University in New York, USA, and he is also teaching at the Hellenic Open University. His research activities include renewable energy sources, environmental management, life cycle assessment, exergy analysis and design of chemical and environmental units. He has more than 70 publications in Scientific Journals and more than 150 publications in proceedings of International conferences, he is in the editorial committee of 16 scientific journals, and he has participated in 37 national and international research projects.
- Dr Simeon Malamis (email: email@example.com - CV) is a civil engineer and a researcher specializing in the development and adoption of innovative, state-of-the-art technologies for wastewater treatment.
- Dr Konstantinos Moustakas (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) is a chemist and a researcher specializing in environmental protection, solid waste management and treatment technologies with emphasis on thermal ones.
- Dr Dimitris Malamis (email: email@example.com,) is a environmental engineer and a researcher specializing in solid waste management.
- Dr Evaggelia Katsou (email: firstname.lastname@example.org - CV) is a chemical engineer and a researcher specializing in advanced industrial wastewater treatments methods.
- Dr Christos Michalopoulos is a mechanical engineer specializing in the design of waste management systems.
- Dr Tania Kosanovic is responsible for all laboratory analyses.
- Dr. Aimilios Stamatoglou (email: email@example.com) is a chemical engineer and a researcher specializing in energy utilization of biomass and waste through thermochemical (pyrolysis and gasification) and biological (anaerobic digestion) methods.
- Mr Fotis Kourmoussis (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) is an environmentalist expert in Environmental Protection Technologies, Hazardous and non-hazardous waste management and Environmental Management Systems.
- Mr Athanasios Thanos (email: email@example.com is a chemical engineer and PhD candidate specializing in chromio removal from industrial wastewater.
- Mr Dimitris Chazilias (email: ) is a chemical engineer and PhD candidate.
- Ms Katerina Valta is a chemical engineer specializing in anaerobic digestion.
- Mr Aggelos Sotiropoulos is a physicist and a PhD candidate specializing in waste drying technologies.
- Ms Katerina Souma is involved in the unit laboratory analyses.
- Ms Christina Papadaskalopoulou is an economist-environmentalist and a PhD candidate specializing on LCA for waste treatment methods.
- Mr Dimitris Xevgenos is a mechanical engineer specializing in the design of systems and renewable energy sources.
- Ms Styliani Pitsari is a chemical engineer and a PhD candidate specializing in Environmental Science and Technology and heavy metals removal from wastewater.